It is an exciting time to be a part of Foster Festival!
The Foster Festival is looking for vibrant and engaged volunteers to serve on our Board of Directors.
The Foster Festival is a dynamic not-for-profit charitable organization that is passionate about making an impact in our community, whether it's through our top-notch theatre productions or our several community outreach programs, we are here to enrich the arts conversation in St. Catharines and Niagara.
It is our mission to showcase the heart and humour of Norm Foster's writing in a dedicated environment, employing the finest Canadian theatre practitioners and support emerging and established Canadian playwrights interested in stories that are entertaining but also deeply meaningful to and reflective of our audience.
While our primary function is to deliver top-notch theatre to audiences in Niagara and beyond, we are deeply invested in our community here in St Catharines.
The Foster Festival is committed to the City of St. Catharines' CompassionateSTC initiative. We believe that everyone deserves to have access to the arts. Our programming, with its focus on "Humour with Heart in the heart of Niagara" can help lighten the load of Niagara's most vulnerable citizens.
Our Community Outreach Partners include: Niagara Children’s Centre, Kristen French Advocacy Centre Niagara, Bethlehem Housing and Support Services, the Walker Family Cancer Centre and the Ozanam Centre.
What We Can Offer You
- An opportunity to exercise leadership skills by participating in the governance and strategic decision-making processes of The Foster Festival.
- A platform to work with people who have the same passion for local community services in a positive team oriented environment.
- Support the vision, mission and values of The Foster Festival.
- Reflect the vibrant diversity of the community we serve.
- Be familiar with or show an interest in a governance-based Board of Directors and non-profit organizations.
- Have some knowledge, skills, and/or experience in any of the following fields:
- HR/Labour Relations
- Community leadership
- Fundraising and Philanthropy
- Public Policy
- Law (nonprofit, business or employment law)
- Grant Writing
- Attend board meetings and participate on committees
- Volunteer during the season at shows
Our organization's financial information can be accessed on canada.ca/charities
If you love to laugh, love theatre and are passionate about making a difference in your community we hope you will consider joining us!
Please complete our online form with your area of expertise. Deadline for applications is November 29, 2019.
We thank you for your interest in The Foster Festival. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.