The Foster Festival was pleased to welcome comedic actor, Helen Taylor, as Mary Ellen in our 2016 world premiere production of Norm Foster's Halfway There!
Mary Ellen in Halfway There »
Helen Taylor, a graduate of the National Theatre School, is a Toronto theatre, television, film and voice actress. She has performed in theatres across Canada including twelve seasons at the Shaw Festival.
She most recently played the role of Mary Ellen in The Foster Festival's Halfway There.
Other favourite roles include:
- Doris in Same Time, Next Year, Lighthouse Festival Theatre
- Veronica in God of Carnage, Theatre Calgary
- Annie in Calendar Girls, Grand Theatre
- Molly in Fire, Theatre Passe Muraille
- Julia in The Two Gentlemen of Verona, Stratford Festival
- Ms. Biddulph in Serious Money, Shaw Festival
- Sonya in Afterplay, Shaw Festival
- Lulu in Lulu, Shaw Festival
She received a Dora Mavor Moore Award for her performance of the alcoholic mother in Wrecked for Roseneath Theatre, which toured Toronto high schools.
Television credits include:
- Taelon, Ra’jel, in six episodes of Earth: Final Conflict.