Come Down From Up River | World Premiere
Norm Foster's latest Maritime saga Come Down From Up River is guaranteed to delight!
July 18 - August 3, 2018
FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre
250 St. Paul St East, St. Catharines, ON
About Come Down From Up River | Buy Tickets »
World Premiere by Norm Foster
Shaver Bennett has lived a rather solitary life as a logger in the woods of northern New Brunswick. One day he arrives at the doorstep of his estranged sister’s daughter, whom he hasn’t seen in 20 years. The niece, Bonnie Doyle and her wife Liv Arsenault welcome him into their lives in this sweetly moving tale. Set in Saint John, New Brunswick, Come Down From Up River explores family and forgiveness with a healthy dose of laughter sprinkled with tears. If you loved 2016’s Halfway There and last season’s Lunenburg, this latest Maritime saga from Norm Foster is guaranteed to delight!
NEW! Talk Back Dates | Fore & Aft Lounge
- Thursday, July 19 » 2pm performance – Pre-Show Talk Back (1:15-1:45pm)
- Sunday, July 22 » 2pm performance – Post-Show Talk Back
- Wednesday, July 25 » 2pm performance – Post-Show Talk Back
- Thursday, July 26 » 8pm performance – Pre-Show Talk Back (7:15 – 7:45pm)
- Friday, July 27 » 8pm performance – Adult Drama Club, Post-Show
- Tuesday, July 31 » 2pm performance – Post-Show Talk Back
I'm excited about the two brand new plays I am working on for the new 2018 season. They are as different as night and day and yet I believe they will both still touch the funny bone and the heart of our audience.
COME DOWN FROM UP RIVER PHOTO GALLERY
Watch the development of the world premiere of Come Down From Up River by Norm Foster, as we post photos of the creative team at work!