We are thrilled to have stage & TV star Booth Savage joining us for our second season at The Foster Festival!
Bud in Old Love »
- 1967 – Littlechap – Stop the World I want to Get Off – Hart House Toronto “If I ruled the World”
- 1967-1968 – New York Theatre Ensemble –NYC – (also played harmonica in a blues band – grew my hair and beard out)
- 1968-69 – Shakespeare in The Park – Louisville Kentucky - various roles – varying degrees of success - but I did have period hair.
- 1969 – Original acting company member Theatre Passé Muraille, Toronto. Many plays. Some more memorable than others. Much nudity.
- 1971 – original member acting company Toronto Free theatre - still hadn’t cut my hair. Imagine ‘Sasquatch meets John Snow’ – more nudity.
- Jump to:
- 1991- MFA York University. Take that National Theatre School. Still not bitter.
- 1992 -2000 – Acting. Teaching. Writing. Coaching kids sports. Renovating old farmhouse. Going broke.
- 2006 – eyes begin to fail (ears too, but you can be a deaf trucker) No more trucking. Harry Sinden in CBC mini series. “Canada Russia 72”. Last year of the Gemini Awards. But I don’t win anyway, so who cares? NOT bitter.
- 2006- 2010 - TV Acting. Nothing I would put on my reel.
- 2010 – 2014 – Principal Callaghan on Mr. D. Nothing I would put on my reel.
- 2014-2016 – Continue renovating old farmhouse. Kids grown and gone. Begin to grow a beard and let my hair swim over my collar again.
- 2017 – Get an offer to do a play at the Foster festival. Still married to Janet-Laine Green. No further offers of employment from Stratford. That’s ok. NOT BITTER. Honest. I prefer living Canadian playwrights to dead English ones. Norm is still alive, right? Be right back, gotta put my clothes on and get my hair trimmed.