Opportunity: General Manager
The Foster Festival is now accepting applications for General Manager position
The Foster Festival is a theatre company located in St. Catharines, Ontario inspired by the work of internationally renowned Canadian playwright Norm Foster.
It is our mission to showcase the heart and humour of Foster’s writing in a dedicated environment, employing the finest Canadian theatre practitioners and to foster and support emerging and established Canadian playwrights interested in stories that are entertaining but also deeply meaningful to and reflective of our audience.
$40,000 - $60,000
GENERAL MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the financial strategy and manage financial activity
- In partnership with the Artistic Director, secure financial resources to support the company’s strategic objectives, including relationships with government funders, and strategy for sponsorship, donations and fundraising events
- Support Artistic Director in the development of programming, ensuring financial and marketing viability
- Manage agreements with artists and performance venues
- Analyze and implement marketing and branding strategies
- Manage media relations
- Ensure compliance with government legislation applicable to not-for-profit corporations and registered charities, and all labour, occupational health and safety, and human rights standards
- In partnership with the Artistic Director, oversee the hiring and retention of staff and volunteers
- Develop and foster an inclusive workplace culture that maintains the highest standards for excellence, equality, creativity and collaboration
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with the Board of Directors and committee chairs
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of relevant management experience in theatre or arts administration an asset
- Demonstrated producing techniques including understanding of CAEA and ADC agreements, contracting issues, scheduling and budget management
- Experience in leadership roles as well as in managing, motivating and collaborating with staff members and artists
- Strong skills in financial management, organization, planning and project management
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising and public relations activities
- Experience in developing and leading fundraising strategies and campaigns
- Able to speak and write clearly and persuasively, and comfortably serve as a public representative of the company
- Adaptable and able to work in a changing environment, with high levels of energy and creativity
- Available for evening and weekend work during production season
- Customer Relationship Management Database experience an asset; proficient in MS Word and Excel, experience with G Suite an asset
The Foster Festival is an equal-opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome.
5:00PM Friday, June 14, 2019
EARLY SUBMISSIONS ARE ENCOURAGED
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and list of references. Send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email submissions only, please.
Note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.