Opportunity: Wardrobe Coordinator for The Foster Festival's 2019 Season
A Wardrobe Coordinator required for the Foster Festival in summer 2019
The Foster Festival is seeking an experienced Wardrobe Coordinator for their fourth summer season of three productions to take place in the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre, St. Catharines, ON.
DATES OF ENGAGEMENT
Tuesday, May 28 - July 22, 2019 (8 weeks)
Candidates must be available for the full time period to be considered.
$20/hr @ 35 hrs/week
The candidate will have experience in the field.
The candidate should be comfortable working with computer programs in support of arts practice.
This position has been made available through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. The candidate must be 30 years of age or younger at start of employment as per the Canada Summer Jobs guidelines.
While cutting expertise would be an asset, the primary focus will be to work with Resident Designer Peter Hartwell to source his costume design ideas and perform required alterations.
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED SKILLS
- Creating accurate measurement charts
- Excellent sewing skills
- Research and shopping for specific costume elements
- Coordination of wardrobe/wig rentals - pick-up, return
- Coordination of wardrobe/wig charts
- Wardrobe maintenance - repair, show preparation
- Basic hairdressing skills for the touch-up and maintenance of wigs during run of show, if required
- Familiarity with theatre wardrobe shop equipment and safety procedures
- Tracking expenditures and maintaining detailed expense sheets
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL
- Be punctual and reliable
- Understand the importance of production deadlines
- Have a strong sense of organization and thrive in a supportive team environment
- Be able to follow through on assigned duties with a strong sense of self-direction and discretion
- Assist in the set-up and strike of each show's costumes as required
- Complete laundry duties as required
- Have a sense of humour
- Have good written and communication skills
- Have good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
5:00PM Friday, May 10, 2019
EARLY SUBMISSIONS ARE ENCOURAGED
Please submit CV/resume/references along with your availability for the above dates to Artistic Director Patricia Vanstone at email@example.com with your name + WARDROBE COORDINATOR in the subject line.
The successful candidate will work closely with Production Manager David Costello and Resident Designer Peter Hartwell.
Please note if you have a valid Drivers' License, First Aid/CPR training.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.