WE'RE SWITCHING THINGS UP!
The Foster Festival Adult Drama Club is back for our Scene Study Clinic at the Rodman Hall Art Centre...with some changes.
We want to provide the best possible learning experience for our Drama Club Members. In consultation with members of the community we’ve adjusted our delivery to focus on artistic growth and to deepen the work we do in our two-hour sessions for participants. Whether you love being on the boards, want to improve your public speaking skills and confidence, or are simply curious about what makes an acting performance memorable, you’ll love our SCENE STUDY CLINIC!
What's the same:
- Once again, by popular demand we are concentrating on Scene Study. We’ll work on Monologues or in pairs in selected scenes that will be posted on line to choose in advance.
- We’ll explore acting problems and solutions, and how to bring your best game into the rehearsal room.
- If you’re shy about performance but want to learn about the process of bringing the page to the stage, you are still welcome. After all, we LOVE an audience!
- We’ll offer a selection of scenes and monologues on our website from which to choose. If you want to bring your own, it must be under 5 minutes in length either self-written or from a published play.
- Participants will work through their chosen material over the 4 weeks. It’ll be exciting to see how each piece develops over the sessions.
- For participants interested in improving their skills as directors, I invite you to pair with a set of scene partners or shadow me as I work with each group during each session.
- Our final session will be “OPENING NIGHT” with a presentation of all scenes as a culmination of your hard work.
- The 4 sessions will be free to Foster Festival members (donation of $250+)
- Non-Members can attend for
- $100 + HST ($113.00) for 4 sessions or;
- $30 + HST ($33.90) per session.
- Alternatively, Non-Members can attend at NO COST WITH THE PLEDGE OF 9 VOLUNTEER HOURS of your time to the Foster Festival
- PRE-REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT (or volunteer pledge) IS REQUIRED in advance
DATES & TIMES
- February 13, 2019 Rodman Hall 6:30PM - 8:30PM
- March 13, 2019 Rodman Hall 6:30PM - 8:30PM
- April 17, 2019 Rodman Hall 6:30PM - 8:30PM
- May 15, 2019 Rodman Hall 6:30PM - 8:30PM
SWITCH IT UP FOR SUMMER - CURTAINS UP ON FOSTER FRIDAYS!
Join us at the theatre for Foster Fridays at the PAC. On the second Friday of each run, Adult Drama Club members will receive a 10% discount off regular ticket prices for our three productions. Adult Drama Club Members will be given the discount code at the Drama Club Sessions.
The performance will include a post-show Q&A TALKBACK with the Actors in The Foster Festival's new FORE & AFT LOUNGE. Enjoy a coffee or raise a glass with us while enjoying an informal chat with the actors. Cheese boards can be pre-ordered.
IMPORTANT: All participants must fill out the following form to register for Adult Drama Club. Payment must be made between 6:00pm - 6:15pm the evening of the first session on February 13, 2019.We accept Cheques or Credit Card.