Opportunity: Stage Manager for The Foster Festival's 2019 Season
1 Stage Manager required for the Foster Festival in 2019
The Foster Festival is seeking a Stage Manager for HILDA'S YARD, the second show in our 2019 summer season of three productions to take place in the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre, St Catharines, ON.
Dates of Employment range as following (subject to finalized Production Schedule):
- Show 2 - HILDA'S YARD by Norm Foster
- June 18 - July 28 inclusive
Candidates must be available for the full time period to be considered.
Production Manager: David Costello
Director: Jim Mezon
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL
- The ideal candidate has stage management experience and/or post-secondary training in theatre
- He/she is highly organized and is able to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Work closely with the Creative and Production teams
- Attend all rehearsals and production meetings
- Organize, supervise and call rehearsals and ensure that rehearsals start promptly and goals are achieved
- Maintain Production contact lists
- Ensure distribution of daily communications, memos for other departments and record details of scene work
- Ensure rehearsal and backstage areas are clean, safe, ready for rehearsals, shows, and for warm-ups
- Securing the readiness and placement of the set and props for shows
- Administrate daily rehearsal records, production memos, write and file show reports
- Assemble and maintain the SM prompt book
- Please note if you have a driver's license, First Aid/CPR training
5:00PM Friday, February 8, 2019
The Foster Festival is located in St Catharines ON in the heart of Niagara. Please note in your cover letter if you have connections with Niagara region. The Foster Festival offers temporary housing options for the length of the contract for out-of-town applicants.
Please submit CV/resume/references along with your availability for the show to Artistic Director Patricia Vanstone at email@example.com with your name + SM in the subject line. Resumes received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.