Opportunity: Apprentice Stage Manager for The Foster Festival's 2019 Season
1 Apprentice Stage Manager required for the Foster Festival in 2019
The Foster Festival is seeking an Apprentice Stage Manager for THE WRITER, the first show in their summer season of three productions to take place in the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre, St Catharines, ON.
Dates of Employment range as following (subject to finalized Production Schedule):
- Show 1 - THE WRITER by Norm Foster (world premiere)
- May 25 - July 7 inclusive
Candidates must be available for the full time period to be considered.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL
- Work with the show's Stage Manager Carolyn Mackenzie to prep for rehearsal and performance requirements
- Have a strong sense of organization and thrive in a supportive team environment
- Be able to follow through on assigned duties with a strong sense of self-direction and discretion
- Assist in the set-up and strike of the show's props and costumes
- Complete laundry duties through the run of the show as required
- Be punctual and reliable
- Have a sense of humour
- Please note if you have a driver's license, First Aid/CPR training
5:00PM Friday, February 1, 2019
Prerequisite: University or College Stage Management course
Please submit CV/resume/references along with your availability for the show to Artistic Director Patricia Vanstone at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + APP SM in the subject line. Resumes received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place in St. Catharines.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.