Opportunity: Wardrobe Coordinator for The Foster Festival's 2018 Season
A Wardrobe Coordinator required for the Foster Festival in summer 2018
The Foster Festival is seeking an experienced Wardrobe Coordinator for their third summer season of three productions to take place in the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre, St. Catharines, ON.
DATES OF ENGAGEMENT
Monday, June 4 - Sunday, August 12 (9 weeks)
Candidates must be available for the full time period to be considered. This is a contract position. Remuneration will be based on experience.
The candidate will have completed a post secondary program designed specifically to educate in theatre craft and technical proficiency and have at least 3 years experience in the field of costume/wardrobe creation.
The candidate should be comfortable working with computer programs in support of arts practice.
All three productions this season will feature contemporary design. While cutting expertise would be an asset, the primary focus will be to work with Resident Designer Peter Hartwell to source his costume design ideas and perform required alterations.
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED SKILLS
- Creating accurate measurement charts
- Excellent sewing skills
- Research and shopping for specific costume elements
- Coordination of wardrobe/wig rentals - pick-up, return
- Coordination of wardrobe/wig charts
- Wardrobe maintenance - repair, show preparation
- Basic hairdressing skills for the touch-up and maintenance of wigs during run of show, if required
- Familiarity with theatre wardrobe shop equipment and safety procedures
- Tracking expenditures and maintaining detailed expense sheets
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL
- Be punctual and reliable
- Understand the importance of production deadlines
- Have a strong sense of organization and thrive in a supportive team environment
- Be able to follow through on assigned duties with a strong sense of self-direction and discretion
- Assist in the set-up and strike of each show's costumes as required
- Complete laundry duties as required
- Have a sense of humour
- Have good written and communication skills
- Have good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
5:00PM Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Please submit CV/resume/references along with your availability for the above dates to Artistic Director Patricia Vanstone at email@example.com with your name + WARDROBE COORDINATOR in the subject line.
The successful candidate will work closely with Production Manager Brian Cumberland and Resident Designer Peter Hartwell.
Please note if you have a valid Drivers' License, First Aid/CPR training.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.