Opportunity: Theatre Craftspersons for The Foster Festival's 2018 Season
2 Theatre Craftspersons required for the Foster Festival in summer 2018
The Foster Festival seeks Theatre Craftspersons to support the creation of scenery, properties and costumes for its 2018 season, while learning fundamental theatre production skills. You will be working in a fast-paced theatre production shop environment and will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions while working under the supervision and mentorship of the festival's Production Manager Brian Cumberland.
DATES & HOURS
- 40 hours/week. There may be some weekend work required as the festival's production season runs Tuesdays to Sundays.
- This is a 12 week position
- May 28 - August 19, 2018
Candidates must be available for the full time period(s) to be considered.
- Position is subject to The Foster Festival being successful in their application to receive Student Summer Job Funding from the Federal and Provincial Governments
Note: Brock University students could use this as a Co-op placement.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Construction or refurbishments of scenic elements.
- Construction or refurbishments of properties elements.
- Construction or refurbishments of costume elements.
- Assisting in other areas of construction for stage productions such as painting, materials handling and equipment preparation as needed.
- Loading and unloading elements for transport to/from the shop to/from the theatre.
- Attend meetings and training sessions related to the position.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Basic familiarity with theatre carpentry shop tools and safety procedures.
- Basic familiarity with theatre wardrobe shop equipment and safety procedures.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable working in a team oriented environment and be able to work independently on assigned projects.
- Some experience with reading technical drawings is not required but is an asset.
- Be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation regulations;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
5:00PM Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Please submit CV/resume/references along with your availability for the dates above to Artistic Director Patricia Vanstone at email@example.com with your name + CRAFTSPERSON in the subject line.
Please note if you have a valid Drivers' License, First Aid/CPR training.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.