Opportunity: Production Assistant for The Foster Festival's 2018 Season
Production Assistant required for the Foster Festival in summer 2018
The Foster Festival seeks a Production Assistant to support our Production Team for its 2018 summer season. This position is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a professional theatre company here in St. Catharines and to support the first theatre festival in Canada to celebrate a living Canadian playwright's work - Norm Foster.
The Production Assistant will work closely with The Foster Festival's Artistic Director Patricia Vanstone, Executive Director Emily Oriold and Production Manager Brian Cumberland. The Production Assistant will get the opportunity to work alongside professional theatre practitioners and gain experience in producing a summer season of fully professional theatre.
DATES & HOURS
- 40 hours/week. There may be some weekend work required as the festival's production season runs Tuesdays to Sundays.
- This is a 12 week position
- May 28 - August 19, 2018
Candidates must be available for the full time period(s) to be considered.
- Position is subject to The Foster Festival being successful in their application to receive Student Summer Job Funding from the Federal and Provincial Governments
Note: Brock University students could use this as a Co-op placement.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Work collaboratively with The Foster Festival creative and production teams to accomplish artistic goals and meet deadlines in a cost-effective way.
- Liaise between the production team and the stage management team to ensure all rehearsal/production needs are being met.
- Attend production and post-production meetings as required.
- Attend load-ins/outs, tech week rehearsals, opening night and other performances as needed.
- Assist in the transport of production equipment and materials as needed for both point-of-origin productions and touring productions.
- Provide support to The Foster Festival's administrative team to assist in Front of House duties in The Foster Festival's Fore & Aft Lounge on performances days.
- Other duties as required.
- Some knowledge or experience in stage and/or production management.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eager to learn and accept direction.
- Ability to do moderate lifting of equipment, set materials, boxes of materials, banners, etc.
- Ability to handle varied levels of multi-tasking and to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Willingness to pitch in and work independently.
- Available to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Valid Ontario G Drivers' License is a plus.
- Be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation regulations;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
5:00PM Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Please submit CV/resume/references along with your availability for the dates above to Artistic Director Patricia Vanstone at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + PRODUCTION ASSISTANT in the subject line.
Please note if you have a valid Drivers' License, First Aid/CPR training.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.