Opportunity: Apprentice Stage Managers for The Foster Festival's 2018 Season
3 Apprentice Stage Managers required for the Foster Festival in 2018
The Foster Festival is seeking Apprentice Stage Managers for their third summer season of three productions to take place in the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre, St. Catharines, ON.
Dates of Employment range as followings (subject to finalized Production Schedule):
- Show 1 - WRONG FOR EACH OTHER
- July 8 - July 22 inclusive
- Please note that Show 1 will tour to Meaford, ON for one week following the St. Catharines run
- Show 2 - COME DOWN FROM UP RIVER (a world premiere)
- June 23 - July 29 inclusive
- October 30 - November 11 inclusive
- Show 2 will tour to Collingwood, ON for one week following the St. Catharines run
- Show 2 will tour to Theatre New Brunswick in Fredericton, NB in October/November
- Show 3 - RENOVATIONS FOR SIX (a world premiere)
- July 14 - August 26 inclusive
Candidates must be available for the full time period(s) of each individual production to be considered.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL
- Work with each show's Stage Manager to prep for rehearsal and performance requirements
- Have a strong sense of organization and thrive in a supportive team environment
- Be able to follow through on assigned duties with a strong sense of self-direction and discretion
- Assist in the set-up and strike of the show's props and costumes
- Complete laundry duties through the run of the show as required
- Be punctual and reliable
- Have a sense of humour
- Please not if you have a driver's license, First Aid/CPR training
5:00PM Wednesday, February 2018
Prerequisite: University or College Stage Management course
Please submit CV/resume/references along with your availability for the show above to Artistic Director Patricia Vanstone at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name + APP SM in the subject line.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural hiring statement: The Foster Festival encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.