The Foster Festival Careers team seeks a student for 6 (six) weeks as an Office Administrative Assistant to support the Executive Director and Production team.
You will be working in an incredibly fast-paced theatre festival environment and will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions while working under the supervision and mentorship of the festival's Executive Director.
This posting is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!
DURATION & HOURS
Dates: June 5 - July 14, 2017 (6 weeks)
Hours: 40 hours/week. There may be some weekend work required as the festival’s production season runs Tuesdays to Sundays.
This position is made possible through the Ontario Summer Experience Program
Your responsibilities may include:
- Database management - Customer Database (Sumac)
- Assist in sponsor and donor communications.
- Manage the Foster Festival's Social Media accounts using set standards.
- Assist in the execution of onsite promotional campaigns.
- Assist with some production tasks - access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed.
- Attend meetings and trainings related to the position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher, and Adobe InDesign is not required but is an asset.
- Critical thinking, fast learner.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable working in a team oriented environment and be able to work independently on assigned projects.
- Experience with Social Media platforms is a must.
Be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident; and
Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations;
Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intent to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.