The Foster Festival Careers team seeks Theatre Craftspersons to support the creation of the scenery, properties and costumes for its 2017 season, while learning fundamental theatre production skills.
You will be working in a fast paced theatre production shop environment and will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions while working under the supervision and mentorship of the festival’s Production Manager/Technical Director.
This posting is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!
DURATION & HOURS
Dates: May 29 – August 19, 2017 (12 weeks)
Hours: 40 hours/week. There may be some weekend work required as the festival’s production season runs Tuesdays to Sundays.
Position and number of weeks is subject to The Foster Festival being successful in their application to receive Canada Summer Job Funding from the Federal Government.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Construction or refurbishments of scenic elements.
- Construction or refurbishments of properties elements.
- Construction or refurbishments of costume elements.
- Assisting in other areas of construction for stage productions such as painting, materials handling and equipment preparation as needed.
- Loading and unloading elements for transport to/from the shop to/from the theatre
- Attend meetings and trainings related to the position.
- Actively participate in maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Basic familiarity with theatre carpentry shop tools and safety procedures.
- Basic familiarity with theatre wardrobe shop equipment and safety procedures.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable working in a team oriented environment and be able to work independently on assigned projects.
- Some experience with reading technical drawings is not required but is an asset.
Be a Canadian citizen, or permanent resident; and
Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations;
Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intent to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.